ADVERTISEMENT

Gibbs- Green Dog pt. 2

dunkbro

Hall of Fame
Apr 3, 2010
I was asking if anyone thought Gibbs ran green dogs. It was mostly because there seemed to be a fifth man coming late on most plays.

I just like to know what we are trying to do on D. We've changed so much. There's usually been a connection. (Willis/ Tubs, Kaufman/Tubs,Davis, Glasgow/Patterson, Wally/Deruyter.) So, there were articles. Before Houston, the last time Gibbs was a DC was at Auburn. He's probably not running the same stuff.

I think he might be. Defense is defense. If we base out of a 5-2, the fifth guy is meant to come. Probably a multiple version of TCU's 4-4. Looks like a 4-3 but plays like a 5-2 but you're still one gap (9,5,1,3,5). Your 9 can be a DE (Arky), a LB (4-3) or a Safety (4-2); which might be why Gibbs also likes big Safeties. Obviously if there's no TE/FB, you cover the slot. Your WDE is a Hybrid (Pete) and 3 man front or 4 depends on his stance. Then your 4-3 becomes your 3-4 and you 4-2 becomes a 3-3. Your 3rd safety will be like Bullitt in 2011.

Gibbs always talks about his coverages being "same as, same as" & I think he runs tampa 2. Looked like Awe was playing Tampa on the pick called back.

Idk though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.