ADVERTISEMENT

For all those who think they know better:

etos10raider

🌵Cactus Club🌵
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
Here is this weeks Cody-esque post of the day!

Had some thoughts after the first two games and the subsequent comments unleashed on the web. (**Fair warning: my two cents are worth FAR less than that.**)

As a third-generation Ŧ alum and a completely dedicated (read “obsessed”) fan, I view my job as one that is comprised of UNWAVERING support (with the exception of situations that may violate law/common sense/good taste ((see “Chris Beard” for further reading)). My job is to travel to Ŧ events, purchase tickets and concessions, wear Tech garb, fund the TTU Alumni Association, proselytize about Ŧ worldwide, serve as a good example of what it means to be a Red Raider, and BEAR OUR BANNER FAR AND WIDE. My hope is that these actions serve to support our athletes, coaches, and administrators in ways that allow them to execute their jobs in a manner that focuses on most beneficial, advantageous outcomes to Tech’s collective good.

Regarding Ŧ athletics: The only thing I know about Ŧ sports is how much I enjoy watching them. I don’t know how to recruit, or coach, manage a team. I leave that to the good offices of those hired to do so. To my way of thinking, that means that, while I may be disappointed in a sporting event’s outcome, I haven’t any idea of the massive feat it took to actually get to get a team to the venue: my job, as minuscule as it may be, is to assist in facilitating that effort.

Social media gives a voice to all who have access to it: hence, those who may waver in their support of Ŧ may opine about their frustrations in a public forum. But let’s take a minute to remember what the vast, vast majority of Tech fans are really like. Red Raiders understand (and in the case of alums, remember) what Ŧ and Lubbock gave us all unfailingly. West Texas is different that any other place on the planet: no other institution can even come close, and those who lack our experience will never ever comprehend this. The most macro example we all have of this is Patrick Mahomes and the exceptional human being he is.

All of this said, I am going to maintain my position: I will stand behind this University and its teams FOR LIFE. I will support Ŧ unflinchingly. I will never demean a coach or a player acting in Ŧ‘s best interest. And when the going gets tough, I will get behind our teams and PUSH if that is what is required. Joey Mac brings an energy we haven’t seen since Spike and Leach: he is a recruiting machine who is currently playing with men he didn’t recruit (and none of the aforementioned is intended to besmirch Matt Wells, who is a man of tremendous integrity.)

Again, just offering my piece in the hope that there are other like-minded Ŧ folks who may find community in these sentiments. I am a #RR4L.

GUNS UP FOREVER

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News