ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Final Whistle Feeling: Wyoming pres. by Sideline Provisions

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Tons to talk about after this one, treat this as a non-completed bullet point list of what I saw.

-Tech’s offense jumped out quickly but was equally as quiet shortly thereafter. Shough was disappointing after the first two drives. I think it has a lot to do with what the Cowboy defense was able to do.

-There are going to be a ton of questions asked of this offense this week and it is just. That was not a great performance after the initial onslaught. Something will have to change next week.

-The Oline had some really solid pushes in this one. Very surprised at the lack of touches for Tahj Brooks in the first half.

-Gino Garcia made a big kick in the first quarter but raised some major questions in the second half. I will excuse the one at the gun to end the first half but yikes. Hit the game tying attempt with 41 ticks left, so it’s somewhat forgiven. There’s question marks, for sure.

-The DLine has a lot to improve upon. Steve Linton wasn’t super noticeable in the pass rush, but they were very close to getting home very consistently.

-Tech was one step behind Peasley’s scrambles all night, and it killed them on the defensive end.

-I’m curious about the amount that we saw Linton in coverage. All we heard about was his ability in the pass rush.

-I thought the secondary was solid. Lux should’ve had an interception and that could’ve swung the game. A bit frustrating but important to note.

-Lux was super noticeable and had some really impressive plays throughout the night. Made some great tackles and like I said, should’ve been rewarded with the pick.

-The ILBs were solid, especially considering you lost Jacob Rodriguez early on. We’ll find out about JRod shortly, hopefully he’s alright and won’t miss much time.

-Well, you fall on a wild double OT thriller. Shouldn’t have gotten there, but alas.

I’ll likely expand on this at some point but that’s all for now…

xydfrfxwgpovgko6arvv

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News