ADVERTISEMENT

F-150 King Ranch vs STX

skidadl

Matador
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2008
I need a new truck since my Chevy Silverado RST is a piece of junk. I've had the engine out once at 8k miles and now it is machine the same noise again and is out of warranty. I don't trust it and I don't like it much either. I never loved the truck from day one.

Before this truck I owned a Ram Longhorn with all of the luxury items and put 180k on it. I loved that truck more than any other vehicle I have owned.

I am currently looking at a used 2023 F-150 King Ranch for 47k and a new STX for 40k. I can't justify paying 70k for a new King Ranch even though I can afford it, I still have a poor kid that lives in my heart. The luxury of the King Rach seems excellent. The new STX is a solid, reasonable purchase but I fear that I won't be happy with a cheapo.

Any thoughts from the board on this? I should probably buy the used King Ranch and be happy. Does anyone have any insight on this particular model being a piece of junk?

Since this is the internet, folks will ignore this part even though I will write it:

I have a commercial line of credit with Ford, I love my commercial dealer, and I am only looking at Ford at this time.

Reactions: jclarktt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.