ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoy this team/season for what it is

Pinchers the KOREAN

🌵
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2017
Raised expectations change everything.

This was a team we all had hopes would make the tourney and be fun to watch, and they have more than done that.

The fact they have done all of this without Zach Smith is impressive but as I'm sure Kansas knows its tough to keep winning with a target on your back every night.

As good as this team is most nights defensively, the offense is not very good in a half court set. If we are not getting steals and transition buckets we tend to stand around and that is where Keenan has bailed us out.

The freshman maybe outside of Zhaire, have hit the freshman wall. Culver is not scoring nearly as well and Moretti has been in a funk for weeks.

This is the toughest conference in America and OSU was ridiculously hot from 3. Its unfortunate but it happens.

This team is most likely not winning the Big 12 but we have been top 10 for weeks, beat KU in Lawrence, and will host gameday. Its not quite the finish we wanted given where we were but you were dealt a bad hand with injuries and you just have to be deep enough to absorb them and we aren't. Its a good overall team but really we are a one man show and he scored 2 points.

Hopefully we can get healthy and make a deep tournament run but we aren't used to being here and choked a little bit and it is what it is. It is still a great season and has more potential as well.

I remind myself we should have lost to Nevada, UT and OSU at home if not for crazy comebacks. This is a very good team that has exceeded expectations and I'd rather look at it that way then blowing a chance at the Big 12 title. All teams ebb and flow over a season, hopefully we get hot again come tourney time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News