B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW

carnley 2.png
@carnley09

1655083189927.png
Casey Poe with Texas Tech TE's coach Josh Cochran. Cochran's older brother Chris is the head coach at Lindale HS.

One of the top players in the state of Texas for his class is Lindale offensive lineman Casey Poe.

Poe was offered by the Red Raiders in November, 2021, just a couple weeks after Joey McGuire got the head coaching job in Lubbock. Poe visited Texas Tech in early April for a spring ball practice, and returned this weekend to camp and show the staff his talents.

What you need to know...
... Poe holds 11 offers to date, those being Arkansas State, Austin Peay, Baylor, Colorado State, Houston, Nebraska, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech and UTSA
... As a sophomore Poe was named to the District 9-4A 1st Team Offensive Line
... In addition to football, Poe is also part of the Lindale Bass Club and competes in Powerlifting, Shot Put and Discus

Tech camp: "I went down and it was mostly just for the camp, but before the camp I stopped by coach McGuire's office for 30 minutes or so and we chatted for a while.

I really liked that... I feel like I was coached a lot more at that camp than some of the others I've been to. It just felt like the the reps and the things that we were doing matched up a lot with Lindale and the training and the coaching I was getting really matched up well with what I already received."

Message from coach McGuire: "Honestly it's the same thing every time...it's that he would love for me to come to Tech, but no matter where I'm gonna go he's gonna support me no matter what and he just wants me to do the best for me whether it really feels like Texas Tech is my home.

I would say I'm usually talking to (Tech coaches), it really just depends. Sometimes it's weekly, sometimes it's bi-weekly but we stay in close contact. I hear from the whole coaching staff."

What stands out to him about Tech: "Since it's so far out in West Texas, I feel like the community around really supports Tech. It's kind of a small-town vibe. Everyone that's around Texas Tech is gonna support Texas Tech, and that really just makes it feel like a close-knit family. If I was to end up going there one day, I'd have a bunch of support and a bunch of family around me."

Overall recruitment: "Honestly it's kinda crazy. I went to the Oklahoma camp right before the Texas Tech one and I picked up the offer there. The TCU offer came after one of their coaches came down and watched our spring practices. We can't actually have spring football so we just did it at kind of like during the school day without pads and stuff.

It's just crazy. It's an amazing feeling because I've watched all these teams since I was five years old. I'm a huge football fan, my whole family is. It's crazy to think that one day I was young, watching these teams on TV and now I'm talking to head coaches about going to one of their schools."

How other sports help him in football: "With powerlifting it definitely gets me stronger. I will say that I have the best offensive line coach in Texas in coach (Jacob) Alford. He's gonna push me no matter what. If I'm in powerlifting, if I'm in track, if I'm in football he's gonna push me no matter what.

During powerlifting he works me with that, he gets me a lot stronger so I can be a lot more dominant on the field. With track I do shot put, I do discus, and that really helps with my footwork. It helps me be quick across because track is 100-percent footwork. It is what it is but it's a lot of footwork. I feel like that really translates on the field, helps me have quick feet and just be able to be confident in my body."

Upcoming camps: "I'm going to the Alabama camp next Friday or Saturday, I can't remember which and then I'm going to Baylor after that. That's gonna sum up my camps for this season."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need a helping hand? Get it for FREE!​

Interested in shifting careers from having a boss to becoming your own boss? Looking for a “side gig” to help you exit from Corporate America?

Call Adam Goldman!

You should reach out to him for the following reasons:
● He’s already helped 3 Red Raiders find a gig in the past year.
● He’s a franchise industry insider with over a decade’s experience.
● He’s an RRS member.

His goal is to assist you to find your dream business in a comprehensive, 100% FREE consultation process.

Take action now. Grab the opportunity you deserve. If others can be successful, so can YOU.

Give Adam a ring!
Adam Goldman (aka @RadRaider) anytime at:
agoldman@franchisecoach.net*
713-309-6776

*Find Your Perfect Franchise at FranchiseCoach.net

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.