ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Corey Williams and Kevin Obanor chat with media ahead of Big 12 Tournament pres. by Homefield Apparel

J. Ramirez

Red Raider & Chapman Lewis Enthusiast
Staff
Jul 9, 2022
For the first time since being named the interim head coach of the Texas Tech basketball team, Corey Williams spoke to the media ahead of the Red Raiders’ Big 12 Tournament contest against West Virginia. Williams was also joined by Kevin Obanor for the press conference. Though we are not on site in Kansas City, there was limited availability for those not present, courtesy of the Big 12.

Williams on his immediate reaction to being named interim head coach:
“It’s an emotional reaction for me, because you know these kids are like my sons. You spend your time pouring into their life, encouraging, picking them up, if they’re having problems they’re talking to you about the problems and the situations. To have an opportunity to be able to coach them is something you dream about. People dream about being a coach, I’ve been a head coach, but to be an interim head coach on this level is special. Texas Tech is a special university. All we want to do is make it about these kids and we want to make the university proud.”

Obanor on his reaction to Mark Adams’ suspension:
“Life happens. Sometimes the unexpected happens. We need each other now more than ever, so we’re just trying to bring each other close to each other and be there for each other. That’s been a big emphasis to us. It starts with me, being a serving leader, a positive leader, just spreading love anytime I can. That’s been my role through these past couple of games and my role throughout the season.”

We will hopefully have more from Williams and co. following the game tomorrow night.
1678229340773.png

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News