ADVERTISEMENT

Car Racing History Fans

hubcityblack

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
I live in Ft Worth near Carswell Airbase. Dating back to Lubbock days when Dad had a Jag 140 and then 3 Porsches. We went to races all over Texas.

So from a early age I have been interested in racing. I give a free one hour talk with large photos projected on the wall. I gave this talk 2 time at TCU BUT a 3 hour talk. To much.

So we just do what happed in Ft Worth, my phone is 817 738 1016 if you are interested.

I have been all over Europe to the famous Vintage races, Goodwood, Le Mans, The Millie and all sorts of car factories, Ferrari, etc. I am e mail friends with one of the top 10 drivers of the modern era and Porsche and Ferrari ace. I went to his high speed driving event in Fla and shipped or Porsche there too.

Now Indy was yesterday. One of the most famous Ft worth drivers was Alan Connell. He came from a rich oil family and was very good at Le Mans.

Here is what NO one knows.

Alan was running hard and fast and his back end hit a embankment.

He flew across the trace doing a Barrel roll over 2 other cars. He was about 8 in over the other cars.
One driver under him sure to be DECAPITATED was Roger Penske. Rogers cars at indy have won perhaps 15 times as a owner. History would have changed that day if it was not for 8 inches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hubcity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News