ADVERTISEMENT

Breast Feeding vs Formula

jegreenwood

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2017
Justin, TX
We have a 1.5 month old that has been on formula most all of her life. Tried to breast feed in the hospital/pump when got home, but no real milk came in. Such is life with C-Section births, usually. Same thing happened 4 years ago when we had our son.

Anyways, was reading some texts in my wife's pledge class group text (they all still keep up) and there are some chicks in there that are like all natural this and that, home remedies, peppermint lavender essential oil behind the ear to kill a fever, etc. 3 of the friends (including my wife) just had babies. They were talking breast feeding vs formula and some of them are defending breastfeeding like its the only way, some defending formula like its better than breast milk, etc.

Our son is a monster (biggest kid in his 4's class at school and he hasnt even turned 4 yet. All his classmates turned 4 in October. He's advanced with his maturity (funny to call it that at that age lol..), his numbers/letters/social well being/etc. that they moved him to the 4's last September when he had just turned 3. Fully potty trained at 2.5 years old. All that good stuff. Her friends were saying that formula seems to make kids not grow as much/develop as fast.

I just laughed because it has worked for us, and is so much easier than warming up some titty milk at 2am in the morning, or flopping a fun bag out at dinner with a sheet over you. Nothing wrong with breastfeeding at all, just feel like formula is so much more ocnvenient (for us) and we have had great success with both kids thus far. Suzie is growing like a week and in hte 75% for weight, 88% for height, 97% for head.

What are y'alls thoughts/experiences with the two? Formula is expensive af these days, so I kinda wish we breastfed, but I also see benefits in the formula thus far via convenience and development, that the savings arent really anything I am worried about.

Reactions: MCredraider87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.