ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: Breaking Down Texas Tech’s 2025 Class (and chances with top targets)

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW
Was able to message with Rivals National Recruiting Analyst @Marshall Levenson for his thoughts on Texas Tech’s class, as well as ask him for any insight on where Tech stands with some top targets.

seabolt,chase-3463.jpeg

Overall Thoughts:

When I look at this Texas Tech class, this is pretty spot on what I would expect of any given class the Red Raiders bring in. There is a heavy emphasis on the passing game, holding a commitment from a four-star QB, five wide receivers (two four-stars), and two tight ends. So seven pass catchers so far in a class that holds 15 total commits.

Tech also holds commitments from four three-star defensive backs, evenly mixed of two cornerbacks and two safeties. I really like what Tech has done for their offensive haul so far and while there will need to be some additions to the offensive line as well well as the defensive line and linebacker core, I like where things stand.

I don’t anticipate there will be a Micah Hudson situation in this class, but I can see at least five four-star prospects ending up in this class. Hovering around No. 25 or so is a realistic expectation.

Potential Risers

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.