ADVERTISEMENT

Breakfast with my Toddler thoughts

kreed07

Matador
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ashburn, VA
Just my normal post the day after while my toddler eats eggs. Overall this game was really fun to watch if you liked defense but for our offense was brutal. I am not sure what our offensive problem is but from my untrained eye it appears that Morton just has the IT factor that Shough is missing. Maybe an Austin Powers who has the mojo.

The good
  • We won a game by 38 points. Yes it was a bad team but man we won it and it wasn't close since the 1st quarter. After the last two games it was nice to see us actually do what we were suppose to and cover the spread and win.
  • I have been super happy with the amount of penalties Tech has gotten this week. We had 2 for 24 yards according to ESPN. In the past few years we would have gotten 7-10 range in most games which could have dictated how we win/lose.
  • Another take 3 game for the D including a TD. They held Tarleton to 342 but 3 points. That is a win imho. Cole got 2 sacks which was needed and Kana did some decent plays.
  • Look what happens when we give Brooks the ball, 19 carries 158 yards. We need to give him more touches in big 12 play. Our OL in the 1st did a great job.
  • Morton's pass to price was maybe the best throw/catch of the game. Perfect placement and perfect play on the ball.
    • A side note on Morton, when he was our signal caller we scored 75% of our drives (3/4) and were 75% on 3rd down. That was better then Shough who was 42% and 30% on 3rd downs.

The Bad
  • 3rd down conversions have been a problem. We were 6/14 tonight and were 4/8 in the 1st half and 2/6 in the 2nd. This is an FCS team, you need to be better.
  • QB play has been another problem and keeps being a problem. Shough is now 55/85 for 620 yards and 6 TDs with 5 turnovers. Looking at his stats over the past three games he has gotten worst each game which is not a good sign for conference plays. Maybe we need to give up something for 2022 Shough to come back but he is too much into his head. Holds the ball too long and doesn't hit people up the middle.
  • We need a #1 for the WR group. We had 7 people catch the ball and the longest play was 46 yards. I keep thinking maybe Drae McCray will step up but he has only 2 catches in the last two games. For all that "speed" he has not been given a chance for the ball
  • Rewatched Morton's pick and still don't understand what Loic was doing. Guy was blocking 17 yards down the field on a pass. It does show why Jordan Brown has jumped him.
  • Tech starting out hot in the 1st quarter to just fall dead the rest of the game is becoming a trend. We have scored 1st (35 points) 2nd (9 points), 3rd (24 points), 4th(13 points). A tough stat to swallow is Tech has been held to 7 or less points for 8/12 quarters. This includes 5/8 quarters against Tarleton St and Wyoming.

As my old HS coach use to say, we are now 0-0 for the real season. Taking a quick look at our schedule I have Tech right now sitting at 5-7 if we keep playing the way we have the past 3 games. McGuire sticking with Shough is an interesting pick but I get the win now. Our destiny depends on Shough being able to do his job A LOT better then he has the past three weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News