ADVERTISEMENT

Be Upset, Be Concerned, But Don't be Crazy

TechRx

Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2021
Everyone SHOULD be upset about what we saw last night. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with being concerned about what the season may look like if we don't see improvements in some areas. Hey, there are things I don't like, and think should change. But taps the brakes on insanity like saying we won't win another game, fire the head coach, and all that nonsense. Come on. Last night stunk. Wyoming last year stunk. But the fact of the matter is, prior to Joey this program was in shambles for nearly a decade. Not just mediocre. BAD. We had 6 losing seasons in 8 years. ZERO winning conference records in 12 years. 2 bowl wins in 9 years. Yikes.

In Joey's two seasons here, we have had two winning records, two conference winning records, and two bowl wins. You people acting like the last two years are not different AT ALL are just exposing yourselves for not understanding our situation, building a long-term successful program, or the game of football in general. We are in NO WAY where we want to be, or even getting CLOSE to where we want to be. But that doesn't mean we aren't slowly moving that direction, which is more that we could say for the last decade of misery. The hardest part is patience, but you have to have it and be able to recognize that there has been more positive than negative over the last 2 years.

PS. In Leach's (who I loved) first two years we didn't have a winning conference record or bowl win. Our defense was awful. I remember he only beat a 3-8 UNT team by one score. Look how his tenure turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.