ADVERTISEMENT

SPITBALLIN' Arizona O/Utah D Notes

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Watched the film of this one already since the Utah football video department got it in quickly last night and wanted to share some of my notes. Watched the first half starting at 1:45 am but finished the second half this morning.

-Fifita was impacted by a D-Line that was getting zero push. It was an ugly tape, and honestly his cracks are showing at a pretty surface level watch. Processing wasn't great and his stature doesn't help his toesy nature in the pocket.

-Utah had lengthy, physical corners who could match up with McMillian, so they played a bunch of C1 & C3, manning him up at times. Tech does not have that kind of personnel not named Bralyn Lux, so we will see.

-Really impressed with their backs. Bunch of one cut guys who can get vertical in a hurry. #7 Conley is very fast and had a couple of explosive runs.

-Mixed feelings about their offensive line. #71 is a stud in pass pro, and a stud in general, he is their best OL and will be an early pick in the spring. Their interior was getting beat up by Utah's DL, which I think is pretty pedestrian, frankly. The Utes don't have majorly built bodies up front, Tech is a bit better from that standpoint, so I think that could be a place of advantage. The LT #59 is not much of a player as well, gets beat outside but is pretty wide, so a tough ask to get around.

-This OL didn't really succeed at much in the run game, it was mostly the backs making plays. Doesn't seem like an athletic enough group to run counter to either direction. Had a couple plays where it was truly boats on parade in a zone run, however.

I'll get to their defense at some point today, but now it's time for the Tech film. UA played an ugly one offensively and still took them to the shed, so I think that film will tell more of the story. Hope you had a nice Sunday morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.