ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone hiring (SALES) in DFW or remote?

jegreenwood

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2017
Justin, TX
Long story short, I took a promotion Jan. 2020 and moved back to Texas. I've been managing a sales/customer support team, and it is about as toxic of an evironment as you can imagine. I've been in sales/customer support, ever since I graduated school 7 years ago (not a RR grad, private college in Arkansas). Anyway, the same corp I've worked for since I got out of college, brought me here to manage this team. As soon as I get here, one chick leaves, leaving me with 3 employees. Then they lay one off, and tell me they're going to let me hire two replacements.. COVID hits, and they just tell us to suck it up. I suck it up, so much, that I am going into the office at 6, heading home at 3 (so I can have a somewhat normal life with my wife and newborn), and I work after he goes to sleep from like 7:30 to 10 every night. We went from being overwhelmed with 4 people working for me, to being double overwhelmed with 2 people working for me. I took over our bigggest accounts to help compensate for the short man power and hopefully appease my 2 guys enough that they wouldn't quit and go elsehwere. Last month, one of my guys quit the day he got his bonus.. so now I am down to 1 person (plus me), handling the same volume that 4 people were struggleing with a year and a half ago. We've interviewed 20 people and no one seems to like any of the candidates. I am heading to the beach in two weeks, and already know I am going to be having to work anytime I can, just to keep the place running. I feel like it is time to look elsewhere. Only problem is, I signed a two year deal when I took this promotion. They paid for my entire move, 6 months of corporate housing, closing costs on new house, etc. Very generous of them, but this has not panned out as planned, AT ALL. I made it past the one year mark, so if I left tomorrow, I'd be obligated to pay 20$% of the costs they had accrued for my move. I think I'd be able to get my way out of it, but at this point, I'd have no problem paying it and getting out of there.

Anyway, all that to ask, anyone have any sales positions open in the DFW area (preferably somewhere east of Lake Worth and west of Irving, as I live in Justin and anywhere further out than that would be a hike.) Or better yet, something remote? If you want a link to my linkedin, shoot me a private message. I can send over a copy of my updated resume as well. At this point, I'm not even looking for a director or management job. I thrive under my own guidance, but thrive even more if I have someone pushing me. People person that connects instantly with everyone I meet. Sales is just my thing, and not to toot my own horn, I am pretty damn good at it.

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.