AITA: Facebook Marketplace

AITA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlainOTXen

Matador
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2011
I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on Facebook and I'm usually pretty good about honoring FIFO but ran into a conundrum on this last one. I was selling a pop-up camper. Anyone that's sold anything on FB knows you get a lot of 'is this still available?' messages. I also had several folks that wanted to see it. It takes a bit of work and about 45min to an hour to setup and put down a camper for each person so this one was physically tough after about the 4th time. Not to mention I have 2 kids, one being an infant, that requires Daddy time or a pissed off momma.

Anyway, a guy messages me after I'm asleep Monday with the typical 'can I set up a time to come see' message. So yesterday at around 3pm I tell him we need to wait for the storms to pass because I'm not going to put it away wet or leave it out in a storm that may produce hail. He responds around 4pm with okay.

Fast forward an hour to 5pm and I get a message from a guy with a straight up offer within my price range. Not a 'can I come see' but a 'would you take $$$$.'

Well, real life (RL) got to me. At 5pm starts dinner time, getting kids ready for bed, a screaming baby, and a such. I didnt have the motivation or energy to haggle with the first guy though perhaps could have made an extra hundred or so dollars. The weather never came and the forecast cleared for today. I straight up sold it to the guy who sounded the most serious with an offer.

Anyway, the guy slightly ahead was pissed when it was marked sold and messaged me about 'what happened to waiting for the weather to pass'. I didn't lie to him, which would have been an easy out (lied and said the other guy was ahead<-- I didn't say this). I told him the guy made an offer unseen. He said he would have come yesterday and had cash, but I wasn't about to deal with it then anyway.

AITA?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.