ADVERTISEMENT

2016 defense

fivedaughters

Matador
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
San Antonio
I realize we haven't even started the 2015 season, but looking at our roster, I think we have all seen potential problems ahead for 2016, especially on the D line.
Do we have some upper classmen that may contribute only on a limited basis (Smith for example), that we should consider redshirting in 2015? While I'm excited about the offers we are beginning to see for the D line, those kids will only be freshmen in 2016, and won't really be in much of a position to add meaningful minutes.
I'm not a big fan of JUCO's, and know that JUCO's frequently need a full season before they are legit contributors, but I wonder if we should add a JUCO D lineman in the 2015 class, bring him in for the fall with plans to redshirt him.
Are there any other kids on roster (O linemen) like Josh Outlaw who could work in at D line? How about someone like Poet Thomas?
What is the likelihood of finding another Breiden Fehoko type who we believe can step up immediately? My guess is that our chances are not real good finding a can't miss, big time, high school D lineman in the 2016 class, but maybe I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.