ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: "We've got playmakers everywhere" - Behren Morton

T. Cobern

Red Raider
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
Here are the player takeaways following the Red Raiders' resounding 48-10 win over West Virginia this evening - featuring Behren Morton, Xavier White, Dadrion Taylor, and Marquis Waters.

- Morton started off by explaining that he ate something bad last night and "wasn't feeling good" as he slept yesterday or this morning. He threw up before the game.
"I knew I had to get it out of my system...just kind of getting that done and and then get ready for the game."

- Morton was thankful for how well the TEs and WRs opened up the field for him and made his job easier.
"The whole night we were we were executing well...they made the ball go and so you know, I just tried to do my job and get the ball to you know, Mason and Baylor and Teeter and X and all those guys to let them do something with the ball."

- Morton credits his relentless preparation for his success on the field this season.

- Xavier White spoke about the talent of the WR group...
"It's a dangerous room and we have a lot of depth."

- Morton likes to move the ball fast and enjoyed executing that aspect today on the field. He believes that going fast contributed to the Red Raiders' success.

- Myles Price has been a leader on the sideline through his injury and has helped Xavier whenever he can.
"He's been high energy."

- Morton continued on the talent that the WR room and the offense has...
"We've got playmakers everywhere...the TE room, running backs, receivers, everywhere. My number is called, and it's next person up and I have no doubt in my mind that that person is going to step up and make a big play."

- Morton says that his ankle is close to 100% and he feels good.

- Dadrion Taylor and Marquis Waters were up next and immediately credited the defensive line for their success tonight.

- Waters explained that the defensive line and the secondary feed off each other during the game and try to make each others job easier. It was also a fun game for the defense because they finally lived up to their "take three" mantra.

- Taylor..."You know that I always say that we have to get to three but that's not stopping us. We can get four or five."

- Waters shared similar sentiment to Morton's credit to practice and repetition as a key to Tech's success today.
"We just had to translate it today and I felt good about it. Hats off to the d-line..."

Speaking more on the d-line..."They did a great job of keeping everything bottled up for us. They set the tone. You see the d-lineman in the game making big plays and we want to help them out as well."

- Waters explains that the defensive secondary makes "bets" on who will get a pass deflection or a takeaway on the sidelines during the games, with the loser having to do pushups.
Looking over to Waters, Rabbit says, "speaking of pushups, he owes me 20."

tut743v2bp3wyl6l5for

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!
Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News