ADVERTISEMENT

RRS Barrel Club Round 2 has been decided.

What direction does RRS prefer we go with our next barrel pick?

• Bigger Name like Whistle Pig or Bulliet. ~$100/bottle

Votes: 53 58.9%
  • Lesser known but maybe more interesting like Hirsch or Old Potrero. ~$135/bottle

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Tequila, possibly Severo. ~ $100

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Rum, not sure which one. Leach tribute. Only if we are able to get permission from the family. ~$80

Votes: 9 10.0%

• Total voters

martaylo

Techsan
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Appreciate the feedback. Looks like it’s gonna be a whistle pig piggyback 6 year rye.

Once we make the pick, order the barrel and have an eta on arrival I’ll get yall a price and open up pre-orders. I’m hoping by end of June. Should be far more efficient this time and we will plan on making pickup available at a home football game. Whistle Pig says they’re about 2 months out once a pick is made and that’s been proven out consistently lately because they do a lot of picks, so we should be perfect on timing this time… fingers crossed.

Side note: We’re working on a follow up idea that would bring in a ton of $ and offer an unbelievable opportunity for a few people. Lots of moving parts and lots of big favors to be asked before we get there… but if it works out in any way, yall are gonna be jacked to the tits, I promise.

And if it doesn't work out, which is highly possible, we'll just keep doing regular picks of what the people want. Either way we'll be drinking good booze and raising money for The Matador Club.

With around $11,000 raised directly so far and another $7,000 raised from our donated bottles I think it's more than safe to call round one a huge success, even though there's still some work left to do. It is my hope that we have worked out a lot of the kinks and this next go around will run much more smoothly. I'm wanting to make this a regular occurrence, potentially once durring basketball season and once during football, but only if timing works and our available options are desirable to the great folks of RRS. No sense putting out a bad product just for the sake of doing it.

I'm a whiskey guy, as are the rest of the guys involved, but some interesting ideas have been thrown out for alternatives. I wanted to present it to those interested and see if there was any significant feedback to inform our decision.

Current whiskey offerings are Whistle Pig, Bulleit, Hirsch and Old Potrero. We kicked the tires on Russel's Reserve and 1792 but were denied immediately 😂

Alternative options would be a single barrel tequila or rum (only if we can get permission to make it a Leach tribute).

Pick your 2 favorite options. Or just one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News