ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Let’s talk about security systems

4ttude

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2021
I’ve got Vivint…my equipment is payed off and just recently my doorbell cam crapped out. I currently have a sensor on every window point of access, one indoor cam, one exterior cam back driveway and a couple glass break detectors plus smoke/carbon monoxide sensors.

However I’ve loathed the system since we got it. The monthly monitoring charges etc are astronomical and replacing doorbell cam plus adding about 5 extra outdoor security cams I would like to add through Vivint would cost 2k or so for what I want.

My equipment is paid off and would like to make the move to a wirelesss WiFi system that I can also subscribe to the monitoring service (at a much less monthly outlay, (I’ve got a buried 1Gbps fiber connection to hide-and a good Orbi Mesh Router system to keep network stable)

I also need to replace my batteries in my current system which would be an extra $100 or so to change all of em out.

(Also as an aide my current wife had gotten a system Prior to us remarrying-while me and my ex had also got a system that I had to pay like $1500 to get it out of her name and set up over here ;so our system is currently a hodge podge of generations etc of equipment. )

Any refs -as to what everyone uses-I’d prefer it to be smart home friendly with IFTT functionality via Alexa/Google.Siri-(Preferably Siri as phone tablet wise we’re all IOS.

Get it fellow techno geeks! Help a brotha out!

Reactions: tech1978
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News