ADVERTISEMENT

Layoffs

Donut with no holes

Enemy of the State
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2011
DFW
I work for a health system, and we are in some tough times financially. It's mostly due to new contracts with insurances like Blue Cross that have slashed our reimbursement. They are a large % of our commercial patients, and our newest contract with them basically cut our payments in half.

So about two weeks ago I was leaving town for a vacation, and while I was sitting in the airport I listened in on our monthly leadership meeting. The last topic was that we were going to be cutting 50-60 non-clinical positions, and the people getting cut would be contacted soon. Not a great start to my trip.

The day I got back an appointment showed up on my calendar for me, my VP, and the CFO, and it was explicit that it would be in person, not by Teams. I knew what it meant as soon as I saw it, and they confirmed it when I arrived. I do not know how they determined who to cut, but I was assured multiple times it was not related to performance. The CFO also wrote me a pretty good reference letter.

I am allowed to keep working until June 1 to allow me more time to find something, and I'll be getting a small severance amount, plus all my unused PTO. I have a lot of PTO, so that helps, but obviously I'm not going to sit around and wait on that to run out before I start my search. I've applied to a couple of places online, sent my resume to people I know in similar companies, as well as one completely outside of healthcare. I do have one interview already lined up, and I'm hopeful, but I can't put all my eggs into one basket.

If anyone on here is looking to hire, or knows someone who is, I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've been in healthcare since 2008, except for 2.5 years when I managed a call center about 10 years ago. I've been at clinics and hospitals, mostly in areas concerned with rev cycle, but have been a practice administrator as well. I have an MBA from Tech with a certificate for health organization management. My current role is a director of patient financial services, and I oversee billing, collections, payment variance, and the customer service call center. I can get my resume, references, and any additional info to anyone who needs it. I'm open to other industries as well.

Thanks in advance! Guns up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News