ADVERTISEMENT

Just left the FTF ...

C. Level

The People's Champ
Staff
Nov 7, 2002
* It was mentioned to me that Davis Webb is up to 233-pounds now.

* Saw Rika and he's at least 40-pounds lighter. Talked to Jared Kaster and Brandon Jackson and without being prompted they both mentioned Rika as a highlight of the spring because of how much better he's moving around now.

* Asked DeAndre about the offense and the first thing he mentioned was limiting turnovers and penalties. Said he had not fumbled at all this spring and also said that they now have a better understanding of when a play is over and to live to fight another down as opposed to fighting for that extra yard that could result in the ball being stripped away.

* Kaster said that with Baylen Brown and Tony Morales being out for the majority of the spring it has done nothing but help Justin Murphy and Robert Castaneda. Both love to hit and just love ball which energizes the entire group.

* Best word to describe the general sentiment amongst the players right now is irritated. Irritated about having to hear about 4-8, irritated that they can't do anything about it for another five months and irritated that in some ways it is embarrassing to wear a Tech shirt to class or around campus because of the season they just had.

* Brandon and DeAndre both mentioned the word professionalism and respect when describing David Gibbs. Also apparent that Gibbs doesn't get caught up in things like missed tackles as much as he worries about takeaways. He told the defense that while he knows they've all heard it before he wants to change the culture and it starts with takeaways and operating with no plan B.

We'll have more tidbits up from today's availability later this afternoon but I wanted to pass a few things along while it was fresh on my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News