ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Big 12 Basketball Commits/Signees

Centex48

🌵👆🏼🌵
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2016
I am a fan of Tech's 3 HS signees for 2022.
- Pop Isaacs will be an immediate contributor if he is willing to play Adams' defense. He can score and distribute the ball well. It's been awhile since this team has had a starting quality pure PG, and Isaacs can be just that.
- Lamar Washington was a star linebacker with multiple P5 offers before deciding to stick to basketball. He was the player of the year in Oregon as a Junior, scoring 30+ PPG before transferring to Compass Prep in AZ, a team with multiple 5 star players (Mookie Cook, Kylan Boswell, etc.), and he was still one of their top players. He doesn't appear to be very quick but he's extremely strong, and can shoot and handle the ball well. He's supposedly a very good defender too.
- I initially wasn't too excited about Robert Jennings Jr. He's an undersized PF, but he has very long arms and is much more athletic than I first thought. His shot is a work in progress, but he's a guy that could develop into a solid contributor in a few years. I think he and Washington are great defensive fits for Adams.

All three guys look like solid contributors, but it's important to look at the HS classes of our conference opponents. Our main B12 competitors (UT, KU, BU) had more impressive classes on paper and I'm not sure Tech can realistically be at the top of the conference in basketball HS recruiting. While Tech's 2023 will be better, in order for Tech to stay towards the top of the conference, I believe we need to continue bringing in a minimum of 3 OLD guys from the portal each year. Experienced 22 and 23 year olds usually beat 18 and 19 year old five stars.

Predicting the basketball roster every year has shown to be impossible, but considering we could potential lose up to 8 guys after this year (Warren, Obanor?, Shannon?, Williams, MSS, Arms, Agbo?, Allen?), I am sure Adams will be active in the portal again. I plan on putting together a list of potential portal targets, but it's a crapshoot at this stage. Anyway, here are the B12 signees for 2022 --

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News